Google Street View allows you to see the world right from your computer. At times, Street view could take images inside houses or even images of people. This opens up concerns for stalkers and more to take advantage of the situation.
You can actually ask Google to blur your house out which would leave a smeared image in its place. The process is very simple.
Here's the how-to:
1. Go to Google Maps and enter your home address
2. Enter into Street View mode by dragging the small yellow human-shaped icon, found in the bottom-right corner of the screen, onto the map in front of your house
3. With your house in view, click "Report a problem" in the bottom-right corner of the screen
4. Center the red box on your home, and select "My home" in the "Request blurring" field
5. Write in the provided field why you want the image blurred (for example, you may be concerned about safety issues)
6. Enter in your email address, and click "Submit"
Be sure this is an action you want to take. Google gives a warning that once done, it can never be reverted. The change is permanent. Once you submitted the request, Google will email you saying it’s “reviewing the image you reported and will email you when your request is resolved." Google could reach back out asking for a more specific location to blur. If this happens, you will have to repeat the process and clearly detail what you want to be blurred out.
See the full article on bluring your house here.